News broke yesterday that Imran Awan, an IT staffer for Debbie Wasserman-Schultz that has also worked for as many as 24 other top Democrat staffers, was arrested by the FBI on banking fraud charges at Dulles International Airport while trying to flee the country.
After news of the arrest went public, Mr. Awan was fired from his long-time position by Ms. Wasserman-Schultz.
Mr. Awan had worked for the former DNC chairwoman since 2004. He also had worked for many top DNC and House Democrats. One of the crimes that Mr. Awan is accused of, that is known at this time, revolves around a $165,000 bank loan received from the Congressional Federal Credit Union. The news of his arrest comes after the Daily Caller News Foundation reported Monday that Mr. Awan was under investigation by Capitol Police as well as the FBI. The investigation of Mr. Awan as well as members of his family involved illegal violations on the House IT network.
In addition to the above, the following information concerning the investigation and arrest has also been made public:
- Working for Ms. Wasserman-Schultz since 2004, Mr. Awan also worked for many other top Democrats and had full access to the House IT network.
- Since 2009, Mr. Awan and other members of his family received over $4 million from House Democrats.
- A USMC veteran found a large amount of computer equipment that had been smashed in a Lorton, Virginia home that he rented from the Awans. Mr. Awan threatened the vet with a lawsuit if he didn’t hand the hard drives and other equipment over. Instead, the Marine gave the equipment to the FBI when he grew suspicious of Mr. Awan.
- Mr. Awan, along with his brothers Abid and Jamal is also accused of removing hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment as well as overcharging for equipment provided to house members through a procurement scheme.
- Before he was arrested, Mr. Awan wired $283,000 to Pakistan.
- Mr. Awan and his brothers had access to information from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, provided by Democrats Jackie Speier (D-CA), Ted Lieu (D-CA), Louis Frankel (D-FL), Robin Kelly (D-IL), Andre Carson (D-IN), and Joaquin Castro (D-TX).
- Imran Awan had access to Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’ iPad password and hence, had access to the treasure trove of emails that the DNC has continuously insisted (without providing any proof) were leaked by the Russians.
- In May, Capitol Police seized a laptop that had been hidden in a crevice in the Rayburn building and deemed it relevant to their ongoing investigation into the Awan family.
- Also in May, Ms. Wasserman-Schultz threatened Capitol Police Chief Matthew Verderosa with “consequences” after she claimed during an annual budget meeting for the Capitol Police Department that the seized laptop was her property. Ms. Wasserman-Schultz is one of eight members of the subcommittee that oversees the budget of the Police Department conducting the investigation. This attempt at using her position to coerce Police Chief Matthews is particularly disturbing.
- Mr. Awan had access and the ability to read all of the emails sent by House Democrats due to his being granted special permissions that allowed his access to not be logged and no trail left of what had been accessed, by whom and when.
- The original probe into Mr. Awan, his family members, and their activities during their tenure with Ms. Wasserman-Schultz and other House Democrats began on February the 2nd of 2017. However, Ms. Wasserman-Schultz only terminated Mr. Awan after he was arrested on Monday.
- Due to the unwavering support of some House Democrats as well as Ms. Wasserman-Schultz for the disgraced Awan family combined with the fact that Mr. Awan had access to all emails sent by the 20+ House Democrats, some have begun to speculate that that support may be the result of blackmail.
So, with all this shocking news story once again enveloping Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, former head of the DNC involved in the collusion of the Democratic National Committee with the Hillary Clinton campaign against Senator Bernie Sanders, where has CNN been with their reporting?
As of July 27th, 5:03 EST, CNN has published one, 518-word article.
In the CNN.com article, the “reporter”, Eli Watkins states: “Awan, 37, of Lorton, Virginia, was a shared employee paid by more than a dozen Democratic House offices, congressional disbursement documents show, for January to March 2017, the most recent period for which data are available.” However, while this isn’t entirely false, it isn’t entirely true. Mr. Awan worked for Ms. Wasserman-Schultz since 2004, a full 13 years more than CNN would have the public believe. The, “more than a dozen” is at least a dozen more “than a dozen”.
Additionally, the facts surrounding Ms. Wasserman-Schultz’s attempts at claiming and retrieving evidence in the case from Capitol Police are strangely omitted. Also missing is any mention of the $165,000 fraudulent bank loan, the $283,000 wire transfer to Pakistan, the recovery of destroyed computer equipment by the FBI from the former home of Mr. Awan, the Awan family’s access to House emails, the access that Mr. Awan had to the allegedly “hacked” DNC emails or why House Democrats including Ms. Wasserman-Schultz have stood steadfastly by Mr. Awan during the entire investigation. Nor is Ms. Wasserman-Schultz’s obstruction in the investigation ever revealed.
So why isn’t CNN reporting on this story that encompasses a large chunk of House Democrats as well as the security of the nation as a whole? This absolute dereliction of CNN’s – as well as the Establishment Mainstream Media as a whole – duty to provide news to the American public. Not just the news that fits the anti-Trump narrative that currently provides the ad revenue that CNN needs to stay afloat, but all the news.
After releasing a slew of Fake News, CNN has decided to abdicate their role as an actual news provider. Burying this story on the ‘Politics’ page and not giving it front page and continual coverage as more facts are revealed means that CNN is no longer concerned with providing news. Instead, their Fake News and Lies of Omission are intended to provide propaganda that fits the Globalist narrative. In the eyes of CNN, portraying President Trump as a racist/xenophobic/Islamophobic/anti-Globalist, IS their most important objective, instead of accurately and fairly reporting … news.
One has to wonder, where this criminal investigation has to go in order to prompt CNN to provide a full report. What does it take to get CNN to report on a criminal investigation? Why is this story only getting fair coverage in New Media? Why does it take journalists that have fewer resources, less money and less exposure than the massive CNN reach, to report real news?
Already CNN has been the subject of protests (protests that CNN refused to cover) from the American public, fed up with the company’s continual reporting of lies and their attempted influence in the 2016 election (which CNN also refused to cover) so one has to wonder when CNN will be held accountable for their actions.
CNN, as well as the bulk of the Establishment Mainstream Media, have become the propaganda arm of the Democrats and the mouthpiece for their radical, globalist views. The Establishment Mainstream Media wrongly assumes that only THEY are able to decide what is news and what isn’t news. In the vacuum left behind, outlets like Breitbart, Zero Hedge, The Daily Caller and others have stepped in to successfully fill the void. These outlets are now under a constant and tremendous smear campaign by the Establishment Mainstream Media, their supporters, and their advertisers.
Hopefully, with diligence and constant scrutiny from American citizens, the Establishment Mainstream Media will not prevail in their assault on facts and the news.